Sunday, December 21, 2008

Charlie's Sister


Through the magic of the internet, I have located Charlie's sister!  Meet Sassy and her boy Jack.  (She sure looks like Charlie doesn't she?  I bet some of you thought that was Charlie!)  Sassy is another North Star dog that lives with a boy near Portland, Oregon.  

I stumbled upon Sassy's blog (being kept by Jack's mom) and discovered that Sassy and Charlie were born on the same day!  Then I re-read my old e-mails from Patty at North Star and found one that mentioned that she had two North Star litters born on the same day.  Charlie and Sassy apparently share the same father (a dog named Huff).  I'm not sure if they have the same mother but it sure wouldn't surprise me in light of their uncanny resemblance.  (Take a peek at our Christmas card photo posted below (for my "virtual friends" please consider this your Christmas card!) and check out their likeness ... it's undeniable, right?)

Sassy and Jack's story is positive and inspiring and I am thrilled to have found another North Star blogger with whom to share stories and ideas.   As an added bonus, Jack's mom is an avid photographer so her blog is loaded with great pictures telling the story of Sassy's bond with Jack and his siblings.   (My personal favorite so far is a photo of Sassy hanging out with all four of "his kids" in front of the fireplace - LOVE THAT.)

When I borrowed the picture of Jack and Sassy to post on my blog, Tim sidled up behind me and immediately said, "that's Charlie."  (He also called Jack "Gabe" -  Gabe is one of Tim's best friends who just happens to have a slight resemblance to Jack but that's another story.)   Turned out to be a great opportunity to talk to Tim about siblings.  (Everything is a teaching opportunity, right?!)  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute photo of Sassy and Jack. And so great that you were able to find Charlie's sister too.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Such a sweet story! Glad you can keep up with Charlie's sibling. Too cute.

Shannon and Cameron said...

How funny, I thought that was Gabe too at my very first glance. What an awesome story- I'm so not surprised you tracked down Sassy, so great!

DMV47 said...

absolutely priceless, Carolyn! thanks for the Christmas card :)