Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Charlie's Big Trick

Last night was our last dog class (that is until I can get signed up for the next session!) and I'm extremely proud to report that Charlie was a super hero during class.   He aced every command I gave and he even tried some new things (like a 12' agility tunnel - WHOO HOO!)  Of course, the highlight of the evening was when he successfully executed the latest "trick" that I've been working on with him.  Here's how it goes:

I put Charlie in a down-stay and he smiles at me.  

Then I say "Roll Over" and give a little finger wiggle.

The roll starts, gains momentum, and then ...

VOILA!  We're back at the starting position.  Sounds easy but trust me, it took loads of trials before he would reliably perform this one.   I'm so proud that now I'm going to start working on a "High Five" command.  (Poor Charlie!)


2 comments:

DMV47 said...

Yeah, Charlie!!! *high five*
And, in regard to your comment about the look of love - AMEN to that! :) NBear really taught me how to appreciate every little achievement she - including her sisters -makes.

Anonymous said...

i love these pictures of Charlie in action....all legs, ears, smiling face.........