Friday, July 25, 2008

Hot Fun in the Summertime


Tim's officially been out of school now for a week and I'm on a constant quest to find new things to engage him. We've covered all the usual activities:  library, pool, bowling, lunch with daddy ... but all of these activities have been sans Charlie.  (Just don't have the nerve yet to barge into such establishments with 50 lbs of a not-quite-fully-trained-bundle-of-lovin'.)  So today I was determined to partake in a full day of Charlie fun.  (Also had to wait for a repair guy with a ridiculous 12-6 arrival window.  Ugh.)

Our mission was to teach Charlie some very basic agility skills.  (I don't have a clue what I'm talking about here but he readily demonstrated that he's more agile than I so I consider our efforts a success.)  First we set up our makeshift agility course with a hula hoop hung from our pergola.

Then, with the help of the magic clicker (see previous post about clicker training) we slowly worked up to a jump through the hoop.

Before long, Charlie was flying through the ring like a seasoned Zambini brother!

Of course, Tim thought this was hilarious to watch and after hearing me command Charlie to go "through the hoop", he took it upon himself to do the same.  Of course, he got more than a cookie for his effort - sorry Charlie!


4 comments:

Shannon and Cameron said...

That is so cool!! Great shots!!

gooddogz said...

Hi!
Patty told me about your blog. Love it and love the hula hoop shots. I am taining a North Starr Poppy in maine.
Nancy

gooddogz said...

opps, should have spell checked. nancy
www.gooddogztraining.com

DMV47 said...

Wonderful! I think Tim's effort deserves a 10 :)