Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blog-iversary & Some New Stuff



It's official: I'm a blogger.

I'm one year, 100 posts, and countless new "internet friends" into this little project and have to say, I'm hooked.

Of course, it's always fun to write about my boy and his dog but this blogging adventure has opened some doors for me that I would never have imagined. I've met people I would never have encountered in my REAL life and I've become loyally addicted to their blogs. I've also been taken aback by the power of the internet and the masses that will read about Tim and Charlie. (Would you believe this little blog has had 10,000 page views?!!)

Recently, as a result of my blogging, I was invited to participate in a review panel comprised of bloggers. The panel was given a variety of products to test and then blog about. We gathered locally to receive the goods (although the products came from vendors all over the country) and then engaged in spirited discussions about all the products as they were revealed to us. It was a great night with a group of diverse panelists discussing products I would never have even known about.

Anyway, my only obligation now is to blog about each one in a series of posts. I'll be honest, these products are not necessarily dog products nor do they relate to autism. This is more about an opportunity I had and a chance to do something outside the realm of the A Club. (Surely those of you in the Club know the thrill of the rare foray outside the gates of the Club.)

So, expect to see some unusual posts here in the next few weeks. Don't worry, Charlie is still right here, encouraging me to write and I'll keep writing about him as long as he gives me material to write about!

7 comments:

darkroom said...

cute dog,read news about dogs in my blog

Ryan said...

*spirited discussions* indeed! Can't wait to read your posts!

Clive said...

Carolyn

Firstly, congrats on 100 posts and 10,000 hits - its a great record, but then you have a great blog.

We look forward to reading about all the 'new stuff'! As you say, its good to step outside the box every now and then! Necessary too!

Congrats again on the blog!

ami said...

Carolyn! Love the site and the record of your experiences, I've passed the link on to a friend of mine who has a son w/ Aspbergers. Congrats on the milestone! ami k

Melissa Mitchell said...

Happy anniversary.
I just had my one year last week!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

Underground dog fence said...

Really good one, thank you for the share.