Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reviews 2 & 3 (and one extra)

I'm a bit overdue on some of my review party reviews so I thought I'd try to fit two into one post here. First up today is a cute little paper company called lobotoME.

This little company was the brainchild of a self confessed "lister" who kept multitudes of lists for home and work. When her light bulb went on, she started producing pre-printed lists for everything from meal planning to travel packing. They're all printed on recycled papers and have contemporary designs that are infinitely cooler than toting around a crumpled sticky note. They can be found at the Container Store (LOVE that place) and on line. (The "Sit Me" one seemed particularly useful for parents or folks who leave pets with house sitters.)


Next up is an interesting take on packing tape. Yup, that's what I said. (I never imagined I'd be writing about packing tape.) Although I was skeptical at first, I have to say I am a sucker for a cute package and the idea of sending all our annual gifts back east in something better than a recycled Amazon box really got me going.

This was the sample I received at the party. Not surprisingly, the packaging for the packing tape was as cute as the tape itself.

My sample is a pink dotted version with some light pink vines running through the roll. There's a huge variety of colors and patterns (at the party we saw a wood grain, cute little birds, florals, and lace patterns) and there are a few other tape-ish items like envelope wrap arounds and labels. You can find them all at Tapeswell.

Of course, I can't write a post without at least a fleeting reference to Chuck so in his honor I am providing a bonus review.

Say hello to the Frosty Paw. I spotted these little gems in the supermarket frozen section and thought Chuck might enjoy a nice frozen treat during our unseasonably hot June.

Inside the box are four little ice cream cups just like we got when we were kids. (sans the little wooden paddle-spoon.) I peeled off the tabbed top and headed outside to offer it up to the wonder pooch.

This little frozen treat is, quite simply, canine crack. I'm certain that this dog would have stood on his head and cited the Gettysburg Address for just a few licks. He licked that cardboard tub with such ferocity that I don't know how it managed to remain intact. From the time that I peeled back the top until Charlie delivered his last lingering lick, no more than 5 minutes had lapsed (quite impressive considering that the treat was frozen solid.) It was great fun to watch and I look forward to treating Chuck again. Two resounding paws up!

3 comments:

Scout and Freyja said...

Oh, Frosty Paws! We LOVE those things! Our momma has a recipe to make those homemade, too. Let us know if you would like her to send it to your human! Then you could have some every day☺

Vicki Browne said...

Oh my goodness - I can't believe we never talked Frosty Paws!!!! They are Rosco's favorite treat and Ukrops carry them. They are truly a treat though - only for special occasions (like a trip to Carvel :) Dennis keeps the cardboard container on when giving to Rosco. I feel a treat is a treat - not a challenge - so I put it in his bowl sans container.

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton bags lately uncovered a new line of products, Blason early this year to the press. And lined up is also the world’s first iPhone cover to be from a luxury brand. louis handbags has come of age remarkably from its humble beginnings of 19th century. Damier Azur was known as a trunks and luggage retailer initially, and for years together, Damier Canvas was how the company was called as - a trunk seller.