Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Dog is a Dog

Every once in a while I feel it's necessary to post something about Charlie's less-than-optimal behavior lest we all forget that he is, after all, a dog.

So, it is in that spirit I present Exhibit A:  the remains of what was once a lovely jeweled nail file made for me by my sweet little boy.  (Note the traces of fur that confirmed my suspicions about the suspect.)

And now I present Exhibit B:  the guilt laden mug of the cute but terribly guilty perpetrator.

Although I'll miss my son's token of affection, in the spirit of Mother's Day I have forgiven the culprit and will simply enjoy the sound of my boy and his dog frolicking in the yard.  (BUT, he is on probation.)

Happy Mother's Day!

9 comments:

Clive said...

Happy Mother's Day Carolyn!

Mother's Day here was in March but I used today as well as a good excuse for breakfast in bed again!!

Great to see a dog just being a dog sometimes!!

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

- the little man's mum

Wendy Krehbiel said...

Charlie's not alone - last week Zack ate the wrapping around my box of business cards. What's that say about his thoughts of me being a dog trainer?

PETtell said...

What a cute and adorable pet. To show love to your pet why not join and register at PETtell, it's a free social network for pet owners. You'll gonna luv it :D

Michelle O'Neil said...

Charlie, what did you do?

Walky Doodles said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. I'm just getting started on it, but thanks for stopping by! I have a VERY special place in my heart for North Star. I'm a trainer in Southern CA and have been working with North Star families out here for several years. Your blog was passed on to me by Patty and I love, love, love it! All the best, Becky

Walky Doodles said...

p.s. Happy Mother's Day and kudos to you for forgiving and forgetting Charlie's little "oops"!

Furever Friend said...

What? Charlie's not perfect?!?!?!He's still too cute!

Happy belated Mother's Day!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Stopped by from Clive's blog.
As just a dog who gets into lots of mischief (come on,I'm just a year old) your nail file incident seems mild. Sorry you wrecked a good pressie,but hey, looks like it was tasty!
WelshieHugs,Hootie

Nice to meet you Charlie. It
is great what you & others like CLive do to help the hoomans.You make us proud to be of the canine persuasion!
AireKisses, BabyRocketDog

Judy said...

love the last picture with all of you and wet Charlie!!