Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Traditions?

While we may not be terribly interesting people, I can say with confidence that we're not conventional.  To wit, our Mother's Day Pinata tradition started by my often hilarious husband.  I don't know why he started this tradition (and being one with an ENORMOUS sweet tooth, I don't really care) but I do know it's become an annual event that we all enjoy.

Of course, some of us enjoy it more than others.  Upon seeing this year's papier mache candy receptacle, Charlie gave it a tentative sniff before recoiling violently as Andy hoisted it up into batting position.  

While Tim stood swinging wildly at that fish, Charlie went into hiding, probably fearing a wayward swing from Tim's bat.  
Then when Andy stepped in to finish the job, the fish nearly exploded with a huge BANG sending Charlie running for the safety of the house.

Fortunately he quickly calmed down and re-joined the party showering all of us with his irrepressible affections!

2 comments:

Clive said...

A Mother's Day Pinata! What a good idea - looks like great fun!

lots of woofs
Clive

Shan and Cam said...

What a fun idea... a little spice to Mother's Day. I hope you took a swing. I like Tim's shoes by the way.